30 years Commercial Accounting experience working in large multi-national corporations. A CPA Australia (Certified Practicing Accountant) member with a reputation for strong, personal support to business Operations to identify and assist with resolving problems affecting profitability and cash flow in the Manufacturing, Service and Small Business industries.
- Introduced new systems and processes for improved billing with detailed SOP’s resulting in 20% increase in revenue capture of $15m p.a.
- Initiated Labour review in Security operations with analysis of on-going overtime required to backfill staff secondments and absenteeism. Identified 71 casual positions required to eliminate overtime in the Centre resulting in savings of >$500k p.a.
- Initiated Labour review in Hospitality and Cleaning businesses with 17 FTE’s identified as excess to core requirements. Assisted Operations Managers to reallocate correct resourcing to required service outcomes. Cost savings of $755k p.a.
- Coordination of the Strategic Review process for the service provider of a Federal Government contract successfully securing the first of the 4 x 1 year contract extensions worth approx. $60m in revenue.
- Implemented an Activity Based Costing system to assist management to identify true costs of production resulting in the identification of a number of older products that were in fact loss making.
- Improved team motivation and morale by providing strong support, clear direction, engagement in process improvement and team projects.
Commercial Industry Experience
- Multinational – Service Industry
- Government Contracts – Management of Services
- Hospitality, Cleaning, Facility Management, Security/Access Control, Transport